Thursday, July 25, 2013

Big Man running bad

Running through a rough patch over my last three sessions (all at 2/5). Basically having a hard time winning any pot much less a big one. Quick summaries of my last 2 sessions in particular which have been rough:

Thursday July 18

This night felt like the twilight zone. I was set over setted twice then played this dumb hand:

Baddish player opens to 15 with a 400 or so stack in EP, 3 call, I call in BB with 44

(Pot 75) Flop AJ4 I lead for 60...baddish player rips 325 more or so. Folds back to me. Would suck if I get set over setted again but he has a lot of stuff I beat in his range A with K, Q, T, combo draw with KQ and, of course, just AJ. I call. Turn 8, river A...he tables AJ and drags a ~$850ish pot.

Then I tried to bluff a fish on turn and river with A5 when I called her flop lead on 467. Raised her T lead and raised her river T lead. Somehow she has 9T

Anyway ended up as ~3BI down night of bit under $1,500.

Wednesday July 24th

Last night was not quite as bad but still ended up down 2BI. Here are a few of the gems.

3 limps to me OTB and I raise to $30 with AK..all call including meh player on my right.

(Pot ~125) Flop K85 Well this is going to be stupid I am sure. Guy on my right leads $130 with 300-ish behind. I consider calling but I don't think anyone is calling my flat and not calling my shove (ie flush draws, etc.) so I just make it 400. He stuffs I call. (I probably in hidsight should have just flatted and keep any KQ-KJ type hands in)

(Pot ~965) Turn K, and he sighs thats not a good card and I figure sweet he has smaller or 85. River 3 and he tables 88. Not good eh?

Then another beauty where fishy LAG plays it horribly IMO:

I raise over 2 limpers to 25 with AT, BB is bad LAG calls and one limper calls.

(Pot ~80) Flop AT2 Checks to me and I bet 55, only BB calls.

I range him pretty squarely on draws and Ax hands.

(Pot ~190) Turn 8 Checks to me, I bet 110, he c/r to 250, I jam 650 effective. he insta snaps with KQ and river 3.

So...f-ing...awesome. I mean if he plays the flop fast then whatever but this fish waits til he goes from a 60/40 dog until he is a 75/25 dog to pile..

Then he starts telling his buddy how well he played the hand, etc. ( i had not showed down my hand) and my head is ready to explode!

Final beauty: fishy woman above shoves her last 40, gets 3 callers, I raise to 140 with QQ, all fold. Board xxxxK and she slowrolls me with K7 for a $200 pot.

Anyway down ~950. Probably back tonight to try and beat these goofs again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where was this? Perryville? Just curious about the 1/2 play there b/c i am playing there on saturday. will it be busy?

The Poker Meister said...

Laughably bad - all of it. You know you'll be fine; we all go through these stupid runs where we can't hit water if we fell out of a boat, or we get in with the best CONTINUALLY and get sucked out on something wicked... Hang in there.

Brian said...

@anon-yes PVille. There are typically 2 2/5 tables and 6-8 1/2 tables running on weekends

@PM yeah it's all w/e. booked a nice win last night in spite of the dealers trying to bury me in a few spots����

davidmartin said...

By far most interesting hand is against female fish. Would like to hear more about stack sizes, etc, esp considering u raised her 2x after a flop call. Thought process, what u think her range was?

Brian said...

@davidmartin-Yeah I am not sure my river bluff is good considering what a fish she is. Her range is super wide pretty much on every street and obv I didn't think contained many T's.

Action was me raise 20 pre, she calls in BB. She leads 20 on flop, I call. She leads 25 on turn I make it 80. She leads 50 on river I make it 200.

She does shit like this all the time. Donks with very little (bare gutshot on flop) and will follow with weak donks on every street. I think her range includes flopped pair plus draws like 78, 79, 68, etc. Random 1 pair hands like A6 and A4. I don't think her range changes much from street to street in the sense that she just keeps weak leading. I have seen her make these river bets and then fold to aggression.

Mike Horn said...

I had the exact same thing happen recently in Vegas with AK against 44 with a K4x board. Turn K, River x. Yet another reason to hate AK