Still waiting for a response from FTP on how they are going to pay out. I do have a decent amount of $$ on there as well as over 100k in Full Tilt Points. I assume this will be worked out at some point in the near future. Would be nice to have that money back before the WSOP. Speaking of which here is the intended schedule for June:
June 8 $550 HORSE-Venetian
June 9 $230 PLO8-Golden Nugget
June 10 $1500 HORSE-WSOP
June 11 $1500 NLHE-WSOP or $340 NLHE-Venetian
June 12 $1000 NLHE-WSOP
June 13 $1500 PLO-WSOP
June 14 $1070 NLHE-Venetian
I usually end up not playing all the events I schedule just due to making Day 2s, exhaustion, etc. but it looks like a good schedule on paper. I may or may not return in July to try and satellite into the ME and play misc other events out there. Also, I may sell some of my action (perhaps 25-50%) most likely on 2p2. Will post a link to that thread if I decide to do so or you can request info here.
Hopefully my dreadful live tournament stretch will be over by then. I am something like 0 for my last 15 events at Borgata/DE Park/etc. since last fall (this doesn't include home game type tournaments where I have been killing in 2011). This week it continued at the Borgata Spring Open. Quick rundown:
- HOSE-Gathered a lot of chips early. Blinds went up rather fast and I got stuck calling a lot of bets with strong hands like Aces up in Stud and trips in Stud 8 and busted like 10 before the money.
- NLHE 75k Guarantee-Gathered a lot of chips early then went card dead. About 20 before the money shipped 15ish BB holding AT over 2 limpers. One obv. snap called with KQ and rivered a str8.
- BSO Main Event-Never really had chips but held it around starting stack. At 400/800 with 28k-ish I decided I was 3 betting the button if he raised again with any 2 cards. I was in SB and actually woke up with a real hand. Sure enough button raises to 3800...lol live bet sizing. I consider a RR to 10kish but end up just shoving (maybe a bit too big of a shove). He tanks but calls with TT and out again.
- 6 max NLHE-Ran over my table early and ran stack from 15k to over 50k. Had 59k at dinner break. First hand back from dinner I raise TT from CO to 5400 at 1200/2400/300a. SB 3 bets to like 12.7k. I actually consider flatting but decide against it and just jam it in. He reluctantly calls with AQ and river is a Q. F-ME.
Cash games were pretty good. I actually won about $500 playing 1/2 NLHE with a buddy of mine for fun. I was raising nearly every other hand for a good while AND getting smashed by the deck. That is a good recipe when playing the 1/2 donks who have no clue how to play back at LAGS. Then the next night I got into a juicy 1/2/5 to open PLO game where the stacks got pretty deep. I made ~1k and played pretty snug.
Hand review for Stiker/Kuhns/Chow or any other Omaha players (please provide opinions). Situation:
- Game is standard low level game with a lot of limping and 7 or 8 to flop. Players play mediocre to bad post flop.
- I am on button with A69T single suited to the T.
- Limps to me and I just call the $5.
- $40 in pot pre
Turn is 5 making the board a badugi. Checks to me and I bet $160. BB folds but MP calls (Pot=$480). He pretty much always has a set here right??
River is 9 making me a better str8 though no longer the nuts. I decide I am likely b/f and bet $320. MP folds AA face up.
Thoughts on river bet sizing and flop decision to not stack off 600BB deep. Too nitty? Assume if we put stacks in we are likely flipping against AA or maybe 77/88. Obv if 200BB deep or less I am getting this in.
My thoughts are if the board pairs the turn I am done for $45. Also even if I get there now and he has a set; live players are stubborn and are likely to call off at least 1 bet. Finally, if I brick the turn I can still call a relatively smallish turn bet and get to the river for less than $200.
Be brutal if need be... :)