Tuesday, June 25, 2013

WSOP Part Duex

Got back to Vegas around 5:30 last night and quickly jumped in the Venetian $1,100 Big O. Never really had much over avg when I played a good sized pot at 400/800 with 24 left (86 started 9 cash).

Inevitable AAxxx loss 

I open AAQ58ds in MP to 2k. LP shortstack jams like 8k total. BB inexplicably decides to 4b jam 22k total with A2568. I call obv and somehow the worst hand wins. I drop to 40k ish. Getting it in with 50% equity 3 ways Seems like a good spot  oh well gambol gambol

Same dude coolers/sick holds me for the rest

2 or 3 hands later I'm in BB. 4b from above full pots at 4/800 to 2800. I call BB with A234T (AThh). Flop T56 with 1 and 1  ( I had bd baby diamonds). I ch, he 5k, I c/r get it in and somehow he has AA22T. Only hand that has me in bad shape. But still have ~45%. Miss anyway and I'm out 

Walk over to Wynn to check in and get room on 51st floor overlooking strip. Pretty cool. Can't seem to fall asleep so I trundle down to the poker room for an hour or so of 2/5.

It's pretty reg filled and I'm sure I look like a mark; just roll out of bed, don't have my phone/headphones, etc. and I decided to use that image.

First Hand I play

Reggish dude with 1k opens to 25, BTN calls, I call AT

(Pot 75) Flop T64r ch/ch/ch

(Pot 75) Turn T I bet 45 only reg calls

(Pot 165) River T I feel like his calling range is somewhat wide still. Might call with a PP, A6, A4, A-broadway, etc. decide to make my hand look bluffy and bet 225. He calls rather quickly and I win a decent pot. I would use this hand later to my advantage.

I drifted between 1.1k and 1.3k playing a bunch of hands as we got shorter. Finally a hand comes up with the above reg that I played pretty well given history.

Sometimes we bet to induce

A LAG opens to 20 from EP. Reg from above calls BTN and I call in BB with A3

(Pot 60). Flop 4Q5 checks to BTN who bets 40. I c/r to 125. Only BTN calls.

My plan is to barrel through most non-Q boards

(Pot 310) Turn 7 ok that's a good card. Decided to play this different. I am normally a bet,bet,bet kinda guy just trying to squeeze value everywhere. But I felt this guy would try to outplay me somewhere so I obv need to give him room to do so. I bet 140 after double checking my cards. Make it look like I have bare A he calls immediately

(Pot 590). River is a total brick. Think 8 gotta follow through my turn plan. Decide that 105 would look like a "blocker" bet and I bet that. He almost instantly ships for 600 or so more and I snap him off.

Think I played that well given table dynamics and my read.

Anyway played a bit longer and bagged a +900ish 75 minutes or so.

Not sure what I'm doing today yet. May just grind cash

1 comment:

The Poker Meister said...

Sounds like you're having fun. Stick the cash games. Follow the formula!

1. Play cards
2. Get cards
3. ???
4. Profit!