Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finally some golf to look forward to...

As I mentioned a while ago, not qualifying for the MD Am and MD Open really sucks and kinda makes it seem like the summer is devoid of any good tournament golf. But I do have some stuff coming up and am playing really well right now.

This weekend we were planning to go to the beach house for the 4th but my kids caught wind of the incredible party that BCC (Baltimore Country Club) throws, with rides and games and decided they wanted to go to that. So that gave me a chance to sign up for the MD Am Stroke Play Championship at Mt. Pleasant. Good tournament and one of the few 54 hole events for us Mid Am types. I haven't played in a few years but did play for 15+ years prior to stopping once we got the place at the beach. I am playing very solid right now so I hope to have something good to write about.

After this weekend my golf schedule is as follows for the balance of the summer:

July 18-19 BCC Stroke Play Championship
July 27 USGA Am Qualifier
August 17-18 MD Mid Am Championship
Late August USGA Mid AM Qualifier
September BCC Club Championship
October 1-4 Mid Atlantic Amateur

There are a few other one day type events sprinkled in so we shall see what happens. As always I am particularly motivated for the 2 USGA Qualifiers. The AM qualifier is at my former club so that should be a benefit to me. And, of course, I am anxious to get back the Mid-Am after my couple of appearances the last few years. Will be working hard on my game through this month and next and hopefully have some results to back it up.

My wife and kids are going to go to the beach on Sat 4th (club party is actually on the 3rd) and a friend of her's is coming with her kids so I am all alone Sat and Sunday. That may mean some heavy poker volume this weekend depending on how the tournament is going. The later I tee off on Sunday obviously the fewer tournaments I will be able to play. Hopefully late tee times though!!

I did lose a key flip at the final three tables of a 24+2 on Full Tilt the other night. Same old story for me. Get deepish, lose a flip, cash for some bullshit amount like $200, look at the tournament lobby and see that top 3 all get $5k+. I have to win one of these flips eventually right??

No comments: