Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quick post

I did end up playing a ton of volume after the golf tournament this weekend. I am not running well at all and only had two min cashes. So overall a down day for sure.

My bustout in one of the tournaments is rather painful. THis is the Sunday Quarter Million on Stars. It is the biggest tournament every week with only a $11 buy-in it attract nearly 30k players every Sunday. If you final table this massive field you can make some serious cash, so for $11 it is worth a shot. Anyway we are inside the money and I have a decent stack of ~48k. I had just tripled up when I flopped a set of T and cracked AA and dragged along another player who had a flush draw. This is one of the worst beats I have had in a tournament although give the way I am running it seems rather standard...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4452079

By the turn it is obvious he has a K and given the action most likely AK so I go ahead and stick it in and of course the river is just dirty. He got a top 10 chip stack with this hand.

Only one worse than this that I recall is this hand from about a year ago (Pot-Limit Omaha) that I had previously posted...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4452649

Even though that was not a big tournament or anything I will always remember just how filthy that beat was. One outers are ugly.

No comments: