Saturday, June 20, 2009

Final Day

Thursday was my final day of playing in Vegas. I played the $550 PLO at the Venetian and didn't last long. Arrived at the table to find a bunch of old men and no internet kids so that is a good thing. Didn't play many hands until level two when I got involved in 2 pots. The first I flopped top 2pair and check raised a player who had raised preflop and took down that pot. Then second was the end basically for me. A young asian kid had been moved to our table when the following popped up.

Me ~14k; him ~13k blinds 50/100...I am in SB and asian kid raises to 350 from EP. He only played a few pots so no real reads other than he seemed spewy to me. 3 callers so I call with K78T (trashy hand but a lot in pot) from SB and BB calls. Flop comes pretty dry 56J with 2 hearts. So I flop up and down str8 draw and K ho flush draw. Check to Asian kid who bets 1500 after a few seconds of thought. Folds back to me. No way that flop hit him. If I had to guess he has AA here and doesn't really know what to do so he bet. I check raise pot to ~6200. He then tanks for a while and finally calls. Now I know he has AA and doesn't have Ax of hearts or he would have reraised all in. Turn is an 8 giving me more outs so I ship and he calls to show dry AA. Wow people play bad. I am 2-1 favorite on the flop and with the pair I picked up I am still nearly 3-2 favorite on turn. Unforunately I brick and am down under 1k in chips. He then says "I knew you were on a draw". To which I replied "I was but I am ahead when you put all your chips in the pot sir". "How can you be ahead when you have no pair there" he intelligently replies. I start to explain the fact that I win with any heart, 9, 4 on turn or river and any of same plus K, 8, 7 or T on river but I don't think he will get it so I shut up. Few hands later I ship over a raise with TT9Q and brick off halfway through level 2.

With that I raced back to the Rio to play the $340 nightly which has been getting a good first place prize of nearly 15k. Get a rush of cards early including AA, KK, AK and a set and am up to 12k in chips within 2 levels (started with 5k). Then I made a pretty good call for a lot of chips. Old man opens for 600 at 100/200 and finds 3 callers before me. I call button with A3ss. BB calls as well so nice pot. Flop comes 45T with 2 spades. Raiser bets 1200 and only I call. Turn is a 3 giving me bottom pair. Action goes check check. River is an offsuit 7. He insta donk bets 3200 and I go in tank. His line makes no sense here. He raises in EP representing a big hand most likely a pair or a couple of big cards like AK or AQ. He c-bets flop which doesn't really change that analysis. Then he checks turn. At this point I can eliminate big pairs over T and probably all pairs really. I can also eliminate 2 pair hands or sets as he would have bet turn to protect flush and str8 draws. So I am only left with Ak-AJ or KQ-KJ type hands. Chance he has KQ of spades. I ask him if he has 66 which I know he doesn't have and he starts getting nervous. Finally i call to see KJ of spades. Scoop a nice pot. He couldn't believe I called with a 3.

Little later I raise TT to 600 (still 100/200) in LP and BB who hasn't played a single hand ships all in for 4500. this over bet sure looks like AK so I call and he shows AJhh. Flop 678hhh leaving me one out the 9h which never materializes. After that I go cards dead but I chip up to ~16k when the biggest pot pops up. Dude I had played with before in the week and I are in the blinds. Blinds are 600/1200/100a and he open raises to 3500 from the SB. I elect to call Q5dd from BB and figure why no play a huge pot with this shit hand...lol. No really I playing here since I have position throughout the hand and can really out play him after the flop. Well I flop the world on 9TJ with two diamonds. I will wager all my remaining chips here every single time. He donk bets 4k and I think and think and think and decide to jst ship it in. I win with a Q (most likely) any diamond, any K or 8. The he is agonizing and I start telling him I flopped the world and I know I am ahead (I am even ahead of him if he has JT). Finally he calls off with 96...lol. I am over 3-2 favorite but of course I miss and am done. Oh well get in ahead and lose is how I do.

I then killed the cash 20-40 Omaha Hi/Lo again for nealy another $1k and packed it up around 3. Came home Friday on a rather bumpy flight which is not a lot of fun.

Very small chance I may return for Main Event in early July if I win a seat on line.

1 comment:

Mike Horn said...

What was your Net on the trip? Up, Down, Even?