Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Close but no cigar..

My family was at the beach this weekend so I played a full menu of tournaments over the weekend including the two Sunday majors on Tilt and Stars. I won like 6 seats for the Full Tilt 750k and I think 3 or 4 for the Stars Sunday Million so I was way ahead before I even started.

Had deep runs in two events and "almosts" in 3 others. First, I bubbled both the two majors mentioned above. On Tilt I was sort of nursing a short stack for a while and inside of 100 before the cash I got TT all in pre flop and lost to A# when the monkey flopped an A. On Stars I lost a flip when I got my 55 in vs KT and lost.

I did final table the Pot Limit HA (Holdem/Omaha) event on Saturday night for ~$400. Don't really remember any exciting hands but was pretty much at or near the chip lead from 30 people left until I eventually busted in 4th.

I also had a lot of chips in the Full Tilt 40k (69+6 entry) on Saturday night. 63 cashed and with 70 or so left I got pretty aggressive. I was probably average stack and in the SB when a late position player raised to like 6k (blinds were 1/2000/200a). I reraised to 17.5k with T8suited. He jammed all in and I had to call 20k more and he showed KK. Fuck me. Get out of line once and he has the goods. Flopped a T but didn't improve and I am out. High risk play but I need to get chips and slipping in the money for a $125 cash is worthless to me when top 3 all get $5k+.

Last night I went deep in the Stars 40k guarantee (27.50 entry). I got to the final 2 tables from the original 1500+ players. There were a lot of big hands including one where I cracked AA with my 33 with abt 40 left. But at the final 2 I had abt 75k at 3/6000/500a on the button. The cutoff was a big stack and playing uber aggressive. He open shoves ~300k and I have AJ suited. Based on his play I am pretty sure I am good here so with 12.5BB left I need to take this opportunity to get chips. So I call and he tables 67suited. SO far so good. Flop 7xx, very bad. Turn J, VERY VERY Good. River 6, mind blowingly fucking bad. 5.5 hrs of grinding to cash for ~200 when first pays ~7k.

I also had deepish runs in the Tilt 40k (same as above) and the $11 cubed on Stars last night for medium type cashes.

BUt I keep getting very deep and sooner or later I should win some of those big pots. NOw maybe the winners will be in Vegas?? We can hope. 5 days and counting.

No comments: