Monday, April 4, 2011

Monster set up hand

Saturday evening I decided to trek up to DE Park to play the PLO event of the DE Classic Poker Series. Sadly I busted about half way through the field holding 789T vs AAJT on a TTJ8x board. Whatever.

So I went to the main poker room to play some cash. As there was no PLO or O8 game running at the time I got on the list for $5/$10 NLHE. While I waited for a seat in that game I played some $2/$5 (ended up staying there all night). I was opening a lot of pots (probably playing like 40/25 which I guess is pretty aggressive at a live full ring table). One of the better players at the table had even commented that I was raising a lot. Then this happened.

There is a $10 straddle on the button. This means that action starts in the SB.

SB limps for $10.
BB limps for $10.
I peel


Raise it up!!! I make it $50 to go.
MP player then looks like he wants to raise but opts to flat call.
Button who is the original straddler then calls. (Pot now ~$170)

SB is a thinking pretty good internety player. He tanks a bit and makes it $200...hmmm this sort of looks like a squeeze....don't love stacking off with QQ but damn that play looks fishy.

BB then insta-shoves $750...



I fold rather quickly and preserve my $800ish stack . MP player 3 to my left shows me he had QQ. Button folds and says later he had 99.

SB calls off and obv shows AA. BB has KK and neither improve. So the hands were:

  • SB AA
  • BB KK
  • ME QQ
  • MP QQ
  • BTN 99
As the master of DC politics (aka Mayor for life) once said:


3 comments:

StrikR300 said...

@So the hands were:
SB AA
BB KK
ME QQ
MP QQ
BTN 99

ME: DECK CHANGE TO TABLE X, DECK CHANGE!!

Nice fold though, I guess it was standard but so many times at live games I just assume they have nothing :)

Brian said...

Yeah live players do suck but they don't 3 or 4 bet with AK so QQ is an easy fold.

Little later I raised A2cc button called. Flop comes 345 with one c and 2 h. Turn Qc. We get it in and obv he has 67. Tough night.

Barbiaux said...

geee I thought that only happened on stars