Sunday, April 10, 2011

Decent weekend so far


Decided to play some MTT for the first time in a while last night. Got in the money in the Stars 70k Guarantee and bubbled the FTP 50-50 but actually final tabled the $5k PLO on FTP. First was around $1.5k as usual and I had a top 5 stack from about 75 players on down to the money. There were 230 entrants so 27 cashed. When we got to about 35 left I had a great situation where I had 55k or so and no one on my table had more than 18k. Needless to say I was able to pick up about 20k in chips from then until we got into the money. Once the bubble burst I tightened up a bit as I really had been overly aggressive with opening pots and 3 betting. Finally we got to the FT and all but one of the players were really bad with poor track records. So I was basically maintaining my stack when I made a very thin river call with 899J on a 44665 board. He had a 6 but had taken a really bizarre line and given his fishy stats I felt that I had to make the call.

Then I got donk stacked here:




Guy called off 75% of my stack with that trash and rivers the unfortunate 2 pair. Whatever; would have been 2nd and chips and had a very good chance to run the table.

I also have a few $$ on Rory McIlroy in the Masters getting 26-1. Not enough to get super excited about but I had called my father while he was in Vegas last week and had him put a few dollars on Rory, Paul Casey and the Caps to win the Stanley Cup. Caps were getting 5.5-1 and this was before they won the conference to get home ice throughout. Doesn't look so bad now! Anyway bring that shit home Rory!!!


No comments: