Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February=Dreadful


As I said last week February was my first overall losing month since last July. To be fair, I have had a few months where I was marginally profitable only because of rakeback/VIP rewards but was profitable nontheless. I didn't really play that much relative to other months so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Overall, my biggest area of concern is on-line cash games. Most of my play, of course, was in PLO8 but for the 3rd month in the last 6 I was a net loser in those games. At the stakes I am playing I feel like I should be winning more consistently. I had thought I was digging out of an early month brutal runbad stretch but then the last few days of February I played rather po0rly and got my ass handed to me. I know I have developed some leaks in my game but because it is such a close knit community of players I am really not sure who to turn to for an opinion. Additionally, there are nowhere near the resources available for PLO8 as there are for NLHE or PLO in the form of coaching, training videos, books, etc. So to some extent I feel like I have to figure it out on my own.

Tournaments were a debacle. As I said previously, FTOPS would go a long way in determining February and that proved correct as I bricked all 4 of the FTOPS events I entered. Fortunately I did win a lot of satellite $$ but not enough to overcome. I also ran/played pretty poorly on Stars playing mostly SNG. As hot as I ran in January playing the 18 mans (I ran at 30% ROI) I guess this was not unexpected.

Anyway here is the carnage:

On-line cash -$583
On-line tournaments -$1,206
Stars FPP Value (7,750 VPP x 3.5 factor x 1.5c per) +407
Stars Stellar Rewards +$50
Full Tilt Rakeback +358
Live Cash +$600
Live Tournament -$25

Total -$399

All things considered not as bad as I thought it was going to be about 10 days ago. I won a small live tournament for $600 and beat the $1/$2 PLO game at Delaware Park for $500 in the last week and a half to salvage the month from a real disaster. But at the tables on-line I was obviously down nearly $1,800 and ~$800 of my "wins" came from rakeback/VIP rewards and that is not really what I am hoping to achieve.

March will not allow me to play as much due to real life demands of work. But April 15th will be here before we know it and then I can play a bit more and concern myself more with this downswing than poker downswings.

No comments: