Monday, January 24, 2011

Tournaments are hard-Part II



For the next 2 weeks I am now the biggest Packers fan outside of Green Bay. Hopefully the refs don't hand it to the f-ing Steelers like they did a few years ago against Seattle.



Anyway I am back in Charm City living in the real world again after busting out late last night from the deep stack. I actually never had much more than an average stack and grinded along for a good while. The only really interesting spot that came up was here:

Blinds are 50-100.

UTG +1 limps. I raise KK to 350. Get called by good internet player 2 behind me. Folds to limper who looks like he is going to fold then calls.

Stacks

Limper ~15k (he has been splashing and lost 10kish)
Me ~28k have been pretty quiet
Internet Kid ~25k also been pretty quiet

Flop T75

I lead 650, internet kid calls, UTG +1 c/r to 2100. I call internet kid calls. Pot abt 7.5k.

Turn 8

UTG +1 shoves like 12k.

Best guess is he flopped some sort of combo draw. Maybe like J9 or 89. Previous to this hand he had been raising every pot he entered so I don't think he has a pocket pair here but I guess that has to be in his range.

Internet kid should have JJ or QQ here a lot in my opinion or perhaps AK/AQcc though I think he plays those a bit faster once I call the c/r.

Anyway I reluctantly folded as did internet kid. The other guy showed 89 so I should have called I guess. Oh well.

But I bucked up and got to my high water mark of 42k then went card dead. Went to dinner break with 32k then came back to find blinds at 1k/2k/300a. 2nd hand in I find AJ and raised to 5200. I probably should have shoved here in retrospect with only 15ish BB and in the cutoff. Anyway BB fiddles his chips then finally calls. Flop comes T high and he bets 2k into 15kish pot. I just call. That was weird. Turn is an A he shoves and I call to see AT. FUCK! Down to 11k. 2 hands later I see an A and stick it in. Get reshoved on by tight player who has 88. Unfortunately my kicker is a 2 and I miss to bust like 200th out of the original 550ish. Oh well.

So not a good trip for tournaments but the cash games were very good. I played mostly 10/20 Omaha H/L with a 1/2 kill and was up abt 2k in that game for the 4 days.

Full Tilt Poker has Double Guarantee Week starting today meaning all tournaments with guarantees attached to them will be double this week (is that obvious??). So like the 5k PLO will now be a 10k PLO etc. That should put some overlays (i.e. free money) in some events and juice up some of the prize pools considerably. So while I am a bit fried from tournament poker ATM I might play a tournament session 1 or 2 nights later in the week. We'll see how the week goes.

No comments: