Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nothing good happening here


Played the Omaha H/L on Friday and lasted about 9 or 10 hours. lost huge pot vs. fishy old man that crippled me. i had AA2J vs his KKJ9. I raise pre...he 3bets and I 4b. Flop came 36Q with 2 diamonds. So I have Aces plus nut low draw. I bet he raises me and I call. Turn was a brick-maybe it paired the 6 if I recall correctly. I bet again since he shouldn't really have raised anything containing a 6 on the flop unless he had 33xx or QQxx. He flats me and now I am pretty sure I am good. River is Td. I check call to see K hi flush. So that crippled me and a few hands later the same old donkey busted me.

This morning I got up and played the $350 NLHE. Second level I limp behind a few other limpers with 55. Flop J85. Guy bets 600 into about 750 (think it was 75/150). I raise to 1750 and only he calls. Turn was a brick-maybe a 3- and I bet 3k into the 4200ish pot. He flat calls with only 2200 behind. Now I am pretty sure he has 9T. River, of course, is a 7 putting the str8 out. he puts it in and I make a crying call to see 9T. Down to 12 BB and out about 20 mins later.

Next up was the $500 survivor where 1 in 10 wins $5k. Down to around 32 and I only have 10BB left. 14 get the cash so I need to win some pots. UTG has like 120k and is opening 2/3 of the pots-anyway he opens to 4500 at 800/1600/200a. Woman to my right flats. I peel AQ of hearts and ship roughly 17k. Guy on my left asks for a count and smooth calls. Fuck! Everybody folds and, of course he has AK. Flop comes Q high giving me life but, alas, the river sticks it up my keister-K. Obviously not a bad beat but I patiently wait for a good spot in this format. Find AQ and the old nit behind me wakes up with AK=runbad.

Give it one more try tomorrow in the Deep Stack tournament-25k in chips with slow moving blinds. Thankfully the Omaha cash games are really good and I have destroyed them for over $2k.

No comments: