Monday, September 27, 2010

Sweet Hand!!!...oh wait this hand sucks

Had to try and win this pot purely to show the SB who is a PLO8 regular....

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

SB: $22.15
Hero (BB): $25.85
UTG: $35.20
CO: $30.00
BTN: $38.35

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with K K K K
3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) 9 3 J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2

Turn: ($7.00) 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.00) 2 (2 players)
SB bets $6.70, Hero folds

For you non-Omaha players out there this hand can not improve. In other words, I have all of the K and can only use 2 of them. Must use 3 from the board so only way I am confident about this hand is the flop is AAA. Quads=No Good!

3 comments:

The Poker Meister said...

So quick question, because I'm a PLO dummy: If the flop is AAA and I hold A Q x x to your K K K K, I can't use the A & Q to make my quads?

One other question: If KKKK can't improve, normally this is a fold, right? The same as if we were dealt AAAA?

Brian said...

Correct to all except yes if you held AQxx then AAA would make quads. Must use exactly 2 in your hand and 3 on the board.

This is absolutely a fold but I was playing a reg and had to try and win so I could show him the hand!

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Still, an A for effort, haha! I like it.