Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kenny Powers-"You have clothes like a fucking dickhead"

The second season of Eastbound and Down starts in a month. In anticipation, here is a best of compilation of Season One. Please note this is not suitable for work...



Do yourself a favor and watch this starting Sept. 26. It is about a washed up big league pitcher who is forced to move back to his hometown and move in with his brother and his family. He has squandered all of his money and his only asset is his prized jet ski.

My golf game continues to be sucky. Play ok one day and shitty the next. Still have a few tournaments over the next 3 weeks or so but if nothing good happens that will likely be the end of my play for the year. Maybe hanging them up for a year and writing off this summer will recharge me for next year. Basically I have been playing competitive golf at a pretty high level for the last 20 yrs or so. Perhaps I just need a break from it all.

Poker is going well particularly live poker. The cash games in several of the nightly games I play have been VERY profitable over the last month or so and I am up over $3k in that stretch. This is a pretty big win rate for what are effectively $1/$2 games. The players are a mix of straight gamblers and good poker players and it is clearly a social night out for several of the guys. I, however, just keep playing my game and have been doing quite well. To be fair, I have run pretty well in this stretch including in some pretty big pots. In spite of that I would still be up significantly even without the run goods.

On-line has been a bit more difficult. After the WSOP a friend of mine and I decided to do a bankroll challenge through the end of the year. Basically I had withdrawn most of my bankroll prior to the Series and didn't really want to deposit $1k or whatever to start up my bankroll again. So my friend and I decided to challenge ourselves as follows. We bet each other $100 on who could grind a $100 starting bankroll the highest by year's end. The catch is we are only allowed to redeposit $100 once. If either of us lose the second $100 we lose the bet and the other person wins. So I started pretty small stakes and have grinded that $100 to over $900 in the last month. Not big stakes obviously but it has been a good challenge and forced me to look at my game a bit more at the lower levels and really try and build a bankroll the hard way...by playing a lot of hands and putting in the time. Also since the stakes are low I can try a few different lines in a hand and try and think about each hand and how I can maximize profits.

No comments: