Sunday, June 20, 2010

WSOP Day 1

Before I get to that, after my last post I was scheduled to play the MD Am at Congressional. However it took me 2.5 hours to get to the course on that Thursday and I missed my tee time for the first time in 20+ years of competitive golf. Pretty disappointing but not much I can do about it.

Trip to No Cal was great and very relaxing. Pebble was especially good though I can't stand the horseshit associated with getting to events like this (shuttle buses, security lines, etc.) Basically most people are shitheads particularly when the are forced to line up like cattle to get on a fucking bus for a 20 min ride. Oh well.

Got here in LV yesterday (Saturday) a little late as my plane was delayed. But played a bunch of cash for about a $500 profit. I played a $15-30 mixed game of BOTE (Badugi-Omaha Hi Low-Duece to Seven Triple Draw-Stud Hi Low) that was a lot of fun. Don't get to play those two draw games much live so I will probably play that game a lot this week. I also chopped a $325 single table sit and go for $1,500. Got heads-up with a guy who had ~8k in chips to my ~7k and he offered me an even chop which I gladly took.

Did play in the $325 nightly tournament which starts with only 5k in chips and quickly turns into a turbo. But paid ~12k to first last night so if you can get some chips early there is some money to be made. Anyway as usual I lost a flip for a ton of chips. Blinds were 400/800/100a. UTG limped, Button then raised to 2k, I shoved 12.5k with JJ from the BB and Button thought for a bit and called with AQ and obviously flopped and rivered a Q.

First "official" WSOP event for me starts at Noon the $1k NLHE. Hopefully will have something good to report.

No comments: