Monday, June 21, 2010

On to Day 2 of the $1k

Today at 2:30 Vegas time the day 2 of the $1k WSOP begins. I have ~14k in chips with blinds at 300/600/50a. Not great but not the end of the world either. I had been up around 30k and then got in some pretty brutal spots later.

Up through dinner break was really not super interesting as I made good hands and slowly chipped up to the 30k stack. I had AA KK QQ and couple other premiums as well as flopping sets a few times. Also got it all in with AK vs. AQ once for a decent sized pot.

Actually one interesting hand was at 100/200. Guy opened to 550 and I called the button with QTo. I actually thought I had QThh but had 1 heart one diamond. Anyway we take flop of perfect 89J with 2 hearts. He checks, i bet 750 and he raises to 2.5k. I decide to try and look weak like I am on a flush draw and jam for 10k. He snap calls for 8k total and tables 88 for a flopped set. I hold and am up over 18k.

After dinner I started with a bit under 30k and just got into some dreadful spot. Raised TT got 2 callers. C-bet 2/3 of the pot on a 9 hi flop and got raised by the only player at the table who has near my stack. I have to fold as I am good here like virtually never.

Raise JJ UTG and get one caller. Flop comes AK9 and action goes check check. Turn Q. Sigh...great board for JJ. He bets I fold and he shows 99..ok glad that was the board now! Easy fold.

Raise QQ in EP and get called in 2 spots. Frenchie raises me and only I call. Put him on AA, KK, AK, or JJ (though JJ raise here is pretty spew IMO). Flop comes J95. He bets 1/2 pot I call. Turn 8..he shoves and I tank for like 6 mins and fold. If my range is accurate I am only ahead of 1 of the 4 hands I put him on.

So that had me down to under 8k. Shoved over weak raises a few times before the end of the day and got back to 14kish. And that is what I tagged and bagged up at the end of the session.

No comments: