Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Running really, really...really bad

So I have been running insanely bad of late. Playing a few multi table tournaments (MTT) and SNG each night and have just been getting frustrated. One night last week I lost the following all in a span of about 20 mins in 4 different tournaments:

Full Tilt Daily Double A: Guy shoves 2k at 100/200 and I call with AA and lose to AT when he turns a str8

Full Tilt Daily Double B: Guy open raises with AK and I call with QQ. Flop comes AQ9. He bets I raise, he reraises all in, I call...turn 9 river A and I lose to bigger house

Full Tilt $24k guarantee: I am on the button with KK. Blinds 40/80 and there are 4 limpers in front of me for a pot of 440. I raise to 750 (leaving me with only 1400 or so behind) and folds around to last limper who only calls the additional 670. Flop comes Q99. He checks I bet 1000 into the pot of 1860 and he puts me all in for an add'l 400. I call obv and he tables JT offsuit and turns 8. Guy called 1/3 of my stack with JT. Genius.

Full Tilt $4k guarantee (PLO): Early position raiser makes pot bet at 50/100 and three callers before me (Pot 1200). I am on the button with AAQT doubles suited and abt 3k in chips. I repot to 1750. One caller and flop comes JJJ. The way I am running I know he has a J but I ain't folding here with 4k+ in the pot. Ship and he tables QJTx. Nice call sir. If you are going to call may as well stick it all in preflop?

This is to say nothing of the innumerable hands where I have an overpair only to have my opponent flop a set. Happened too many times for me to count.

In my Tuesday night home game I have lost the following in our tournaments the last 2 weeks:

Me Opponent

Two weeks ago
KK vs AT suited; Turned flush-All chips in preflop
QQ vs AT suited; Rivered flush-All chips in preflop (against same player)
AK suited vs 84 offsuit; rivered full house (I only had 3BB after the previous 2 hands and he had to call with Any two I think)

Last week

AA vs QQ; flopped a Q-All chips in preflop

To be fair I did run pretty well in the cash game we play after the tournament when I flopped bottom 2 pr against an opponents AK (with an A flop) and a big suckout in a monster PLO pot where I turned a bigger boat after the money went in on the flop.


I did go deep in a small buy in tournament last night for a measly cash (40th out of ~1100). Deep in this tournament I got short when I lost AQ suited vs. KK all in preflop. Survived for a while then pushed all in for abt 12.5k (blinds 1000/2000/150) with AK suited and got called by AT. Board ran out 74784 for a chop pot. That would have given mes some breathing room but no sir. Then a little later at 1200/2400/200 I shoved 13k with AK again and lost to QJ. Fun stuff.

I guess all I can do is tighten up a bit and allow time for the variance of MTT poker to swing my way.

No comments: