Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cash PLO

I got sick last Wednesday and basically today (Tues) is the first day I feel pretty close to normal. It really kicked my rear end and I had no patience to play FTOPS or tournaments in general. I had planned on playing 3 or 4 additional FTOPS events (PLO Hi/Lo, PL Split Holdem/Omaha, Sunday Bounty and FTOPS Main Event) but just couldn't sit still that long and had no desire to grind out hours of tournaments.

But I did play a lot of satellites and started to run well (or at least more normal). I won a bunch of seats to the PLO Split, PLO Hi-Lo and a few others. Nice thing is you are able to unregister from the tournament you qualify and take the cash so that worked out well. Felt like my satellite play was really, really good and that is important because satellite play is very unique. Basically it is a survival test and a lot of players are really weak in satellites, particularly on the bubble. I haven't completely figured it all out but I think last week I was about +$600 in satellites which equates to abt a 15-20% ROI. Will figure out more exactly later.

I also have gotten back to playing $1/$2 PLO. This is my best game and the most fun. I was up ~$2.5k last week which was the best week I have had in quite some time. I have actually been playing the Cap Limit on Full Tilt which essentially caps the hand betting at $80. This means that you are never exposed for more than that cap amount on any one hand. I sort of like this and it actually makes the game play bigger than without a cap. For example, if I am in the BB with AAxx and there is a pot raise and 2 callers in front of me, I can re-pot to $32. This is 40% of the cap and I am typically happy to do this pre-flop. In a non-capped game I would be a little more reluctant to do this as it really tells the whole table what I have. And if I am playing with $300 stack I obv don't want the table to know what I have. Playing for $80 though and getting a large percentage of it in pre-flop this is less of a concern. Generally the play is worse with the Cap Limit game and the players are very exploitable.

Anyway I think I am going to stick with cash for a while just because of the reduced time commitment, etc.

No comments: