Wednesday, November 6, 2013

October

October Review

Not a very good month at all. I played ~75 hours total broken down as follows:

MD Live 2/2 PLO 54 hrs. ~($100)
MD Live 2/5 NLHE 8 hrs. ~$1,500
MD Live 5/10 NLHE 6 hrs ~($560)
Various Home Games Mostly 1/2 PL Mixed 9 hrs ~$440

Month started off strong looking like it was going to be a really good month but then some variance kicked in and ended up a paltry amount of less than $1,300.






Obviously this is a meaningless sample size so we shall see how November progresses. I will again be putting a good bit of volume in this month. As I stated in September my goal is to put in 250 hours between September 15 and December 31. Since I stated that goal I have logged nearly 90 hours so I should be able to get there.

Doing a quick query I have logged nearly 110 hours at MD Live since they opened in late August and am up a bit over $5k in those hours for an hourly of a bit under $50. Obviously the huge PLO swings is a bit difficult to deal with sometimes so a short break from it is now in force! All NLHE for the next 2 weeks (other than my bi-weekly Thursday night home game).

Also think I may try and play the Sunday MD Live $330 MTT a couple of times before year end. Obviously staying home to watch the Ravens is a worthless exercise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

brian,
can u please post some hand histories from the past month. love those.

Brian said...

Sure will post some this afternoon

Anonymous said...

also, brian -- i am thinking of heading to MD live next week for some 2/5 play. can you give your general assessment of the 2/5 play there as well as what you believe to be best style of play to deal with an average 2/5 table.
thanks!