Thursday, November 21, 2013

November-$10k Month?

It's possible though might be a bit of a stretch.  Here is a review of a good session the other night.

15 min 5/10 NLHE +$885
9:08 2/5 NLHE +$1,805


Well my card dead/run bad from October is officially disengaged. Running pretty well, coolering a few people and playing well has added up to a really good stretch over my last ~5-6 sessions. Did a better job tracking some interesting hands so will have a bunch in this post.

I arrived yesterday afternoon and was immediately seated at 5/10. I only had $2k on me so I really wanted to play 2/5 as this reps only 2 bullets. anyway 1 hand was enough.

Some times the Game is Easy

This is literally like my 3rd hand at 5/10. Table was 6/7 handed with a dude that had played every pot for a raise. He is Villain in this hand. He opens to $50 with XX and I 3b in the BB with KK. He calls. My read was that he was spewy just based on the 3 hands and didn't want to give up like ever.

(Pot $305) Flop KT9 I lead $175 and he starts cutting out chips like he is going to raise but ultimately just calls. I think he has a pretty wide range still with a lot of TJ, QT, J9, AJ type hands being a big part of his range. Pair with gutters, bare gutters, etc.

(Pot $655) Turn 8 This is obv a brick. My man has like $575 left and although I can easily shove I think I can bet small and get him to commit thinking he has fold equity or just get 2 streets of value here. So i decide on $225. he calls pretty quickly.

(Pot $1105) River 8 Seems like a good card . I put him in for his remaining $340-350 and he calls saying "I can't put you on a hand". I table and obv MHIG.

Right after that I got called for 2/5. Thought about it for a minute and said fuck it, I'm gonna hit and run this game. So off to 2/5 I went when the following happens:

If your plan is to bet/fold you gotta bet/fold

I fold a few hands then on cue I get KK in MP. 2 limps in front and I go $25. only 1 of limpers calls. he appears young, good with chips, kinda talkative but never seen him in the room before.

(Pot $60) Flop QQ8 He ch and I decide to ch it back

(Pot $60) Turn 7 He ch, I bet $40 he call

(Pot $140) River 6 I decide to bet/fold targeting like 99/TT, 89, 8T, maybe 87, etc. So I bet $75 and he pretty quickly c/r to $250. His line doesn't really make much sense at all. But it's 2/5 and they don't a lot of time. I start talking to him asking him what he thinks I have. he says "I think you have a Q". When he says this I really think he is bluffing like he is trying to say he thinks I'm strong, yet he still made this play. But I went with my initial plan and folded. he showed JT for an odd bluff that worked.

Turning a meh hand into a bluff

A bad non-thinking player opens to $10 in LP over a limp or 2. I had a pretty good read on him that he bet big with big hands and smaller with smaller hands. He had earlier bet $25 pre, then bet $125 on the flop with $75 in the pot on Qxx board and showed the table QQ. Anyway I call BTN with AJ. 6 to flop.

(Pot $60) Flop QJ6 He bets $25, I call, SB calls.

(Pot $135) Turn 8 He bets $60 only I call. I think he has some weakish Q's here (QTs, etc.), maybe some hands I beat like AK or 99/TT and just doesn't know what to do so he bets kinda small. I obv pick up the NFD so I'm not folding.

(Pot $255) River 8 Not the card I was looking for. He fumbles around and bets $100 and I start thinking. I can't really call but he's a fish and I don't really like bluffing fish. Anyway I really decide to go with my read about his betting patterns. Although he has bet 3 streets, none of them have been very strong bets. So I decide to cram $375 more. He then starts thinking and quickly confirms he has a Q so I was right to raise or fold. Finally he says "You must have a full house so I fold".

Paying attention there and being engaged in the hand won me that pot for sure.

Stacking a meh LAG-set up hand tho

I open prob my fave QJ to $20 in MP. 3 callers including a LAG in SB. He was playing a lot of pots, raising every single time he straddled. He wasn't bad but wasn't a star either. Anyway 4 to flop.

(Pot $80) Flop AT8 Welp I'm not folding now, 2nd flush draw, double gutted is pretty good! Checks to me and I bet $55, only SB calls.

(Pot $190) Turn 3. he checks and I bet $125. He calls. I range him on 2 pair, sets, maybe like KQx, J9 (least likely I guess). I think he 3b AK preflop so I don't think he has AxK

(Pot $440) River 5 He checks a 3rd time and I decide to bet bigger. I bet $350 relatively quickly. He starts tanking and finally gives me the "Why so much?" speech. I try to look nervous and he finally calls with what he said was 88.

Nice pot. I wonder if I can bet even more on the end. Always hard to know.

Flopped world-just cram it

This is with the same Villain I bluffed above. He again min-raises and gets 1 caller. i decide to try and iso on him and raise KQ to $45, Folds and he calls, caller calls as well. 3 to flop.

(Pot $140) Flop K36 Villain leads $60 and other dude folds. I'm clearly raising but just not sure how much. Anything looks strong IMO. I finally settle on a jam and so I do jam effectively for his stack of $435. He thinks for a moment and then calls with KJo....lol. I hold and am off and running.

In this hand I just felt like he could find a fold if a bad card came on the turn (ie I made my flush). Once he led I put him on TP type hand so I thought my jam would look bluffier than a smallish raise. Also he probably thinks I am picking on him a bit.

I level myself into a bad call

Here is a hand that I hate the way I played. There are 2 limps and I raise to $25 with 99. 3 call and we go to the flop.

(Pot $100) Flop 457r Checks to me, I bet $65 and only young asian kid calls. I have played with before. Decent player that plays 5/T some and PLO at times.

(Pot $230) Turn 6. Now he leads $75 and I call. IDK this is probably a fold but the only hand that makes sense here is 88 and maybe 87s.

(Pot $380) River 9 He leads $115 and I puke in my mouth a little bit. I beat 77, 76, 66, etc but obv nothing with a 3 or 8 in it. I am getting in the neighborhood of 4.5-1 so I need 20-22% to call. I decide that he doesn't just have a straight and I beat all hands but the straight. So I puke call to see 88.

Blah. Don't like the way I played this hand at all.


Little over 60% of the way to a $10k month but will put in some grind over the next ~10days.

2 comments:

The Poker Meister said...

Hate the call with the naked weak overpair in that spot - 4 straight. Bad money was put in after bad money (turn & river). Yuck!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I like the style and content of your blog, I add it to my blogroll.

If you are interested we can exchange post or write about any topic that interests you. We write the post in Spanish and English.Our blog is focused on all kinds of player.s

Regards

http://nobetnowin.wordpress.com/