Friday, May 4, 2012

WSOP-C Philadelphia

Finished 2nd in the PLO/PLHE WSOP-C that ended yesterday at Harrah's Chester (Philadelphia).  All of this in spite of running rather poorly for most of Day 1.  Here are 2 hands that illustrate:

Playing PLO Blinds 300-600

I start hand with ~25k.  UTG raises to 1600 and gets 2 callers.  I wake up with AAJ9ss on button.  I can re-pot to ~9k but that may turn my hand face up.  I don't really care about that since I am getting nearly 40% of my stack in and can shove 100% of flops comfortably.  I also felt like there was a spew in SB who might squeeze a reasonably high % of the time.  He only had 10k and this would look like a great spot to do it.  But sadly he calls.  BB then raises to 7500.  UTG then calls (he was terrible but covered me).  Folds to me and I obv ship.  BB calls for his last 13k or so and UTG somehow folds...lol.  BB has 4789.  Flop 49x, turn T, river 4.  GG me.  down to less than 5k.

But I buck up and somehow get it back over 20k or so when this beauty comes up:

Playing PLHE Blinds 600-1200

SB is standard live reg-fish and he has about 15k left.  Folds to him, he completes and I check Q5dd.  I can raise here a lot but w/e.  Flop 355.  He bets pot, I re-pot and we get it in.  He has 46, turn 6, river 6 and I am under 7k again at 600-1200.

I get it all the way down to 3800 when I get a full double with AAxx in PLO and another with 99 vs. AK in PLHE.  Once we get on the bubble I go from ~30k to over 100k playing super aggro.  I 3b quite a bit and was opening probably 40% of pots.  As we got more shorthanded on the bubble I just kept the pressure on and really picked up a TON of chips without any showdowns. 

Finally at 3a.m. they made us bag up to come back yesterday at 2 with 5 players left.  So I had to scramble to find a room, toothbrush, etc.  Anyway we get back to play and the first hand I play:

Old shortstack opens for full pot (3-6k blinds so 21k open).  i put him in for ~50k with 77.  He has 66.  Flop 789, turn T river K.  So now I am down to ~110k.  I drift down to like 80k when I 3b the SB with AQ at 4-8k and get a fold.  Then I won a bunch and got to a peak of 250k.  Ari Engel (bodogari) had a TON of chips and was basically felting everyone.  The problem was that he had like 750k I had ~200k and the other 2 dudes had 50-75k.  So this is a bad spot for me from an ICM perspective.  Although I am playing to win I have to account for the $$$.  Finally he busted the other 2 and we got HU.  By now, though, my stack was down to abt 120k.  Second hand into HU play he opened and I shipped AJ97 with suited A.  He called with some random garbage Kxxx and rivered a K.  GG me.

So no ring for me but a nice cash pre-WSOP which helps the confidence and the bankroll.  Here are the results:

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/results.asp?rr=5&grid=872&tid=11832&dayof=

Anyway speaking of WSOP, here is my intended schedule:


I sold 25% of my action already and intend to sell ~35% or so total.  So if you have any interest let me know. 

Also going to play PLO weekend at Borgata in a few weeks.  They are running a PLO8 tournaments on Saturday 18th and straight PLO on Sunday 19th so that will be fun and the cash games should be crazy too.

No comments: