Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vegas Bound

Off tomorrow for Vegas/WSOP/Venetian and pretty excited to get going.  My schedule of events includes:

Friday $1,500 WSOP Limit Omaha 8
Sat $600 Venetian NLHE
Sun $1500 WSOP NLHE
Monday $1,500 WSOP PLO
Tues $600 Venetian Limit Omaha 8
Wed $1500 WSOP NLHE
Thursday $600 Venetian PLO

I may change a few things up and fully expect to make some day 2's etc which will change the schedule.  In any event, I 100% plan to play the 2 WSOP Omaha events (obviously given the above caveat). 

I actually had a coaching session the other evening with an online wizard.  He found some small leaks that had worked there way into my NLHE MTT game.  Always good to do a checkup every now and then.  He really didn't think I had developed any big or fundamental leaks just some items that require a bit of attention.  Good to hear that and it gives me a lot of confidence heading into the next week or so.

I will be posting some counts, interesting hands, etc. on Twitter so check it out. 

I haven't run very well since the WSOP-C.  I went to Borgata for PLO weekend and that was a disaster.  In the PLO8, I got to around 45-50 left (started with 110ish) when I opened AK36 double suited from the button.  SB who has played like zero non-nut hands then pots and I just don't feel like folding so I shovel and see AA2x.  That chopped me down to literally like 150 chips.  Ground that to abt 14k.  Then lost with flopped 2 pair and J hi flush draw to KKxx with K hi flush draw.

In the PLO I thought I was going deep.  18 cashed and with 30ish left I had a pretty good stack.  Unfortunately, I busted ~20th in a pretty dumb spot where I flopped top and bottom pair and open ended against top 2 pair and I bricked.

Cash games were insanely lol though I managed to grind out a smallish win in the NLHE games in spite of being on the wrong side of variance/coolers in some absurd spots.  The PLO games were a debacle, however as I ran really bad in 3 bet pots, etc.

Anyway, I think all that crap is out of my system and I am off for big things in Vegas!!

No comments: