Monday, March 15, 2010

I suck at on-line tournaments (oh and Hokies got jobbed)

Title pretty much says it all. Weekend sucked all around.

I just don't have the patience to play on-line MTTs. For whatever reason I can fold hands for hours live and pick my spots well but on-line I just seem to run into the top of my opponent's ranges over and over again. And I never win flips deep in tournaments where it really matters. So F-it I will play the occasional MTT when I feel like it or if I feel like I have an edge (PLO8 or any Omaha Hi-Lo really).

Cash was shitty this weekend too as I played ~5k hands Friday-Sunday and lost about $250. The coup-de-gras was when I was playing NL100. 3 limpers and I raise to 6 with KK; get 1 caller. Flop T6x. I bet 9 into pot of 15; guy calls. Turn was a 5 (I think). I check; he bets 20 into 33ish. I check raise to 48. He shoves and I call to see T9offsuit. River is obv a 9. Almost broke things but opted to shut down and go to bed.

In addition to this loveliness, the Hokies got jobbed out of the NCAA after finishing 10-6 and tied for 3rd in ACC, beating Wake Forest (who got in) and beating Clemson (who got in) and BTW both of these powerhouses lost the play-in game in the ACC tournament. But they (and VT for that matter) are going nowhere fast so who really gives a shit. Next up Quinnepiac in the NIT and not sure I could care less. Hokies should be REALLY good next year in both football and B-Ball.

Finally, all of the rain caused a leak in my conference room at work leading to the insurance company sending a waterproofing company over to clean up. And by clean up I mean rip off my baseboards and destroy the room. Fortunately, they discovered mold as well. Good times.

So yes this weekend I was this guy (just an excuse to post this picture again since it makes me LOL):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: