Friday, December 11, 2009

WSOP-C Tuesday Event

Busted ~80th out of 385 in Tuesday's $560 NLHE tournament. Played pretty solid most of the day and never had all of my chips in the middle until the last hand.

Last hand I had A9cc on the button. Active aggressive player raised to 4200 at 800/1600/200a from the cutoff. I had about 28k and should have shoved right there. He was raising a lot and, frankly, I had decided to reraise him regardless of my cards. But when I woke up with a reasonable (though not great) hand it made it that much easier. Anyway for some reason I tried to get cute and raise to 13k rather than just ship my chips. I thought that raise would look stronger than a shove especially to a solid thinking aggressive player. After a bit someone called time he made the call which I thought was kinda bad on his part (we both had similar stacks). Anyway the flop comes Q94 and he shoves. I have to call and he tables AQ. So yeah I outthought myself. If I shove I can't imagine he puts almost all of his chips in the middle with AQ. But he did say that he almost fold so I guess I put him to the test and unfortunately we both hit the flop. BTW I say his call is bad because I think he has to shove or fold once I 3 bet him. AQ is a hand he wants to see all 5 cards with an he should realize that I am not folding any flop once I put half my stack in the middle. But whatever he won. If the flop comes without a Q I wonder what he does.

I then went over to the Borgata and destroyed the 10-20 2 way Hi-Low game. Ran well, played with several total fish and just waited for good spots to win pots. Unfortunately the game was so good that I didn't want to leave the table. These guys just kept reloading for $300 at a pop and I didn't want to get up. At 7:30 a.m. the next morning I had to get some sleep and packed up a $1k winning session.

Back up on Sunday for the Borgata Triple Play.

No comments: