Monday, December 7, 2009

First December Post

I am heading up tomorrow to play the $560 WSOP-Circuit event at Harrah's in AC. I may or may not also try and satellite into the WSOPC Main Event which starts 12/13. It is a $5k buy-in and I have never played that big of a buy-in before. If I don't satellite in I will go to The Borgata instead on Sunday for the Borgata Triple Play $200k guarantee. This is essentially the same event I final tabled in October only with a $340 buy-in rather than $560 and three opening days rather than 2. Hopefully a good run will come out of one of these events.

Online has been a real roller coaster. I have played no tournaments instead playing all SNG as well as some cash games mixed in (NLHE, PLO and PLO8). PLO8 has been very good to me though I got crushed in PLO ove the weekend. Every hand I got in with I was either outflopped or outdrawn. It was truly insane. Gonna stick to PLO8 on the cash games for a bit as that is historically where I have been the most successful (might mix in a bit of NLHE since it is easier to play a lot tables playing NLHE).

Finally, I am still pursuing the PokerStars Supernova status. I have ~70k VPP as of last night and need 100k to make it by YE. Seems like a lot and it is but I only had ~22k when I got serious about this chase in October. If I can get to 90k with one week left i will get there. Any more than that it will be a stretch. The Supernova designation is worth ~$4-5k which will come in handy as a bankroll for the Borgata Winter Poker Open in late January. I am planning on playing 4-5 events and making a concerted effort to satellite into their main event which is a WPT event with a $3,500 buy in.

Will update with anything interesting over the next week.

No comments: