Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update

Not much to write about really. Coming up on tax season so that means less poker; particularly tournament poker which keeps you up ungodly hours.

Full Tilt

I was running pretty bad at cash games and just decided about 10 days ago to go back to sit and gos and play them for a while. SO I have been playing a ton of sit and gos which are good because I can generally be done a session in about an hour to an hour and a half. I usually play 6-8 tables at a time. I have found that flattened payout satellite SNG are really easy and soft. In fact, Full Tilt is running their quarterly tournament series (FTOPS) and they offer a lot of satellites for all of the events. I have already won 25 seats to FTOPS Event #1 (a $200+16 NLHE tournament). This is all been done in 42 tries which is pretty strong and not really sustainable. Essentially that means I have run at ~74% ROI which is insane.

Total Buy ins- 42 x $75 (entry) = $3,150
Total Wins- 25 x $216 = $5,400

So while I would love to continue with this it is not realistic. I will try, however and see how many I can accumulate before the actual event which is next Wednesday evening. You can track me here (I am fkeplastictrees):

http://p.fulltiltpoker.com/ftops-challenge?id=1

I will also try to win some satellites into some of the other events and have already won 5 into Event 2 and 1 into 3 otehr events.

As for the actual FTOPS series I doubt I will be able to play many of them. A lot of the good tournaments for me start at 2 p.m. and this time of year it is hard for me to get away early from the office. I may be able to slip out, however, on Feb. 11 for Event 16 which is a Omaha Hi-Lo event. We'll see. So I will probably play Events 1, 24 and the Main Event and possibly the Hi-Lo event above.

Poker Stars

On Stars I have been playing mostly the $16 SNGs 9 or 12 tabling at a time. I play very basic ABC and have been doing pretty well. Running at about 15% ROI which is a little above expected for $16 level. Such a small sample size though that it really is insignificant to extrapolate anything from this.

Also been playing some Omaha Hi-Lo on Stars and been playing solid and just grinding everything from 2-4 to 5-10 Limit.

Finally, my goal for this year is to make SuperNova status on Stars which gets all kinds of freebies and goodies as well as some tournament buy-ins, etc. In order to make it, however, I need to average 8,333 Frequent Player Points per month. Currently in January I have a bit over 6,000 and will probably finish the month around 7,200-7,500. Considering I will likely be lucky to get 3-4k in Feb and March that means I will have to run over 10k per month in April, May and June in order to get back on track. I think that will happen.

Well that is it for now.

3 comments:

Mike Horn said...

What do the multiple seats do for you? Do you get back in if you bust out? Are you getting 25x the starting chips? Or can you sell the seats?

Brian said...

No I get the extra seats won in tournament $$ which I can then use for other tournament entries, SNG entries or I can redeem them for cash for a 5% charge (so I get 95% of the amount).

Brian said...

BTW your boy sucked out on me again last night for the 2nd str8 time. Get it all in preflop with QQ he calls with 99. Flop JT7 then I called the turn 8. So now two bad calls and I have been felted in two weeks.