Friday, December 10, 2010

WSOP Atlantic City

Off to WSOP Circuit event at Harrah's on Sunday. Play Sunday and Monday with the final table on Tuesday. This event is the $1,500 Main Event so should be a large field and good sized prize pool. All I want is some run-good and a nice deep run. As the greatest band of my lifetime says (easy trivia for those of you born pre-80's):

The legislation I wrote about previously appears dead in the water but there have been so many iterations who the hell knows. A lot of the 2 plus 2 regulars are thrilled that this appears to not be happening but I think they may look back and wish they had seen the other side. The status quo is basically on life support and with states and DOJ getting more and more aggressive with the processors getting money on and off the sites is a mind-numbingly difficult process. I would not be shocked to wake up some random morning and discover that one of the big players is simply exiting the US market (most likely Full Tilt Poker) since the cost of continuing in the current environment may simply be too great.

Funny story yesterday. I logged onto Poker Stars to play a little PLO8, looked in the lobby and was shocked to see 15-20 tables running at every level. Wow this is great a pool of new players playing my game! So I signed up for 10-12 tables ranging from PL $25 through PL $100. Start playing and don't recognize a sole....LOL this shit is easy money. These guys are frigging terrible!!!

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 4 players - View hand 1068291
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $109.60
Hero (CO): $51.85
BTN: $51.45
SB: $51.15

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 5 of spades 2 of clubs 3 of diamonds K of diamonds
Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.00) 4 of hearts 9 of diamonds A of diamonds (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4, BTN raises to $13.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $45.25, BTN raises to $49.95 all in, Hero calls $4.70

Turn: ($104.90) Q of hearts (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($104.90) 3 of hearts (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $104.90
Hero shows 5 of spades 2 of clubs 3 of diamonds K of diamonds (a straight, Ace to Five)
BTN shows 4 of clubs 4 of spades 9 of clubs 7 of diamonds (three of a kind, Fours)
Hero wins $102.90
(Rake: $2.00)

Ass is playing 4497..great Hi-Lo hand fishtard!! Granted my hand sucks in any Omaha game but with 3 wheel cards and a suited K I can take the initiative and raise. I flop the miracle wrap and bink the river. The Button then proceeds to go on a chatbox shitstorm and tells me how terrible I am. I'm like "dude I am basically freerolling you for half the pot...plus I have 2nd nut flush draw...WTF you talking about?" "Half the pot" he "screams" in all CAPS. It was then that I thought "you know I haven't seen a split pot in a while...let me see what is going on here". Lo and behold I look at the tables and realize F-Me these are all Omaha Hi tables! So here I am banging away for ~1k hands raising and 3 betting with hands like A23K, etc and I am playing the wrong game! Odd thing is it was one of the better sessions I have had in a while as I won ~$300 in that hour. Not sure what that says about my game???

No comments: