Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another winning month...barely

October was a baddish month and looked as though it would be my second net losing month of the year (July for my second WSOP trip being the other). But some late game heroics made it a marginally positive month.

The month started off with some terrific runbad/playbad in PLO8. I mean the hands I lost were truly remarkable and I ran several hundred dollars below EV. The coup de gras came when I flopped the nut flush draw, nut low draw, wrap and top pair holding AQ24 on a 35Q board and get it all in against a random fish running like 80/17. I then watched in horror as the board ran out KT and I was scooped by KKxx. But in addition to this runbad I didn't play my A game so F-me. My choice was to fill out the form below (click to enlarge) or suck it up and find a way to win some moneez.



I chose the latter route and began playing micro stakes NLHE only for the second half of the month. That and a few decent tournament results alleviated some of the down turn but not enough to make a huge deal. In any event, here are the final numbers:

On-line cash -$310
On-line tournaments +$554
Stars FPP value (13,878.43 VPP x 3.5factor x 1.5 cents per) +$728.62
Full Tilt rakeback +$30
Live cash -$34
Live tournament -$245

Total +$723.62

So without the Stars Supernova value I would have been essentially break even for the month. Does one month make for a FPP Pro??? (For those who don't know FPP Pro is a derogatory term used to describe high volume Stars player who virtually never win at the tables but play so much they are able to make a living just off of the FPP program).

Frankly other than the Borgata trip I played very little live poker in October. That will change in November, however, as I have some good stuff planned for this month. I am going up on Sunday afternoon to the Borgata and will play Day 1b on Monday of the Deep Stack $560. I will play that date and hopefully go deep in it and make Day 2 on Tuesday. If not, I will head over to the Taj to play the $340 Omaha Hi-Lo on Tuesday morning. Then the plan is to go back up to the Taj the following week and play the $560 HOSE.

In addition to the live poker, I need to grind some major volume on-line to get to the next payout threshold of 200k VPP on Stars. Between now and the end of the year I need to achieve roughly 65k VPP. At the stakes I play that is a shitload of hands in the next 60ish days. If I can get 30k VPP this month I will find a way to make it in December though I may end up hating poker on January 1.

So my goals for the month are:

150k hands online
Make a live Final Table
Get my fat ass in the gym 3x per week


Let's go November!

No comments: