Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Looking less likely I will play WSOP ME

I played more satellites today to get into the ME and unforunately the cards are just not being kind. In addition to the AA < AK hand I described above I have a multitude of other shitty beats. Here is a sampling:

$1k Single Table Satellite

Played big pots with 3 hands at this: First-My AA loses to TT all in pre-flop; Second-AA loses to 77 though thankfully 77 had very few chips; and Third-AKss runs into a button raisers AA. Obv I don't suck out. But in spite of this I somehow finished 3rd and got my $1k buy-in back when we did a smallish deal 3 handed.

$1k Mega Satellite

I raise TT at 25/50 and get 3 bet to 400...I call. Flop 239 and I check call 600. Turn is 8 and action is check-check. River is 3 and I check call 1500 to see 23. Guess I could have lost more. Hang around 3-4k in chips when I decide to play a big pot with 55. Raiser opens for a min raise to 400 at 100-200. I know Mr. 23 is going to re-raise so I just call. Sure enough he raises, original raiser folds and I ship it in. He calls with AQ. Looks like I might hold but obv river is an A and I am out.

$500 Single Table

Not a satellite per se but can use the chips won to offset the cost obviously. Anyway, get down to 3 handed from original 10 and I shove 12BB on the button holding 77. BB has me covered and tanks for like 5 mins and says "OK I'll gamble with you" and shows me AK. Not sure if he was a douchebag or was really thinking about it. Anyway he obv wins the coin-flip and I am out in 3rd.

I did win a little bit in a sexy 5 card 5-10 PLO Hi-Low game. Was up like 1k at one point but gradually drifted down until I had booked a few hundred dollar winning session. Also chopped a smaller single table satellite that I really didn't want to chop three handed but one of the players was a good friend of mine and the other was basically giving me too much equity that I simply couldn't pass up.

Will likely play 1 more mega satellite tomorrow but if I don't get through I don't think the Main Event is going to happen this year. Although I am sure I am +EV in that event the buy-in is still 10k which is a lot of dough and I am just not going to break the bank to play in it. I have some investors for the Series and while that helps defray my exposure I am still pretty significantly exposed on my own if I were to buy in and just can't do that. But there are other smaller buy-in events around town I can play in if I don't get in the Main.

No comments: