Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Borgata WInter Open (BWO)

I leave next Wed for the BWO for about 4 days. I will be playing the following events:

Event 1 $400 NLHE
Event 2 $560 NLHE
Event 7 $400 Omaha 8 or B

I will also be playing a $400 Survivor tournament and trying to satellite into the $3500 Main Event. Pretty excited to get up there and give it a go based on my recent deep runs at the Borgata.

Online is still going reasonably well. I am still playing virtually exclusively PLO8 and Hi-Low tournaments. Have made 3 final tables in the last 2 weeks in the limited tournaments I do play but busted 6th, 3rd and 8th. The 8th came last night in the Full Tilt $75 $5k guarantee. As usual I just haven't run well at final tables.

I 3 bet an early position raiser with AA24 single suited (this is limit) and he capped (Limits 2k/4k so 19k in preflop with blinds). Flop comes 35J with 2 hearts. We cap again (35k in pot). Turn is a 9 hearts and I just call his bet (43k). River is a 5 and I reluctantly call to see A46K with 2 hearts. I knew I was beat on river but convinced myself that he had a hand similar to mine and missed as well in which case my Aces up would have been good. Plus can't fold with those crazy pot odds. He only has to be bluffing 1 time in 12 for the call by me to be correct. That took me from 30kish to abt 6k and I was out a few orbits later in 8th.

Frustrating but perhaps it will all come together in AC.

No comments: