Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15

Well the day is finally here. Last 3 weeks or so have been basically a blur. Was a good year business wise but it gets harder and harder to grind it out every year.

Now that the craziness is behind us I have a lot of good stuff to come. For one I actually get to eat a meal with my family, put the kids to bed, etc. My kids are good about it but I'm sure they don't really understand why I am at the office so much this time of year. Luckily the weather here has been hideous so not really a lot to do outside, etc. up until now.

Golf will kick wight into gear this weekend as well. I am playing a guest day on Friday with a buddy of mine. Then Saturday we have our MD State Team Match to make up from last Saturday when it poured all day. Somehow we were the only ones to not play. So we have to play a match at 8 a.m. then the winner of that match will play again that afternoon at 2 p.m. If we win both matches we would play the MD State Quarterfinals on Sunday. Lots of golf potentially this weekend.

Poker will also be taking up a bit more of my time. I am going to take it easy here for the next week or so and just play some tournaments and fun stuff. After that I am going to start grinding high volume sit and go's to try and start really building up my bankroll before the May version of FTOPS and, of course, the WSOP in June. More on this later.

Finally, since my head has been buried I missed one of my favorite bands in concert in DC last week-Death Cab for Cutie. Here is a video of probably my favorite song by them if you are unfamiliar:



And here is another of my favorite songs by these guys:



Finally if this sounds good, the lead singer of the band did a side project called THe Postal Service. This was a one album band and it is more electronic than DC4C. Wish they would do another. Here is the best song from that LP (you've probably heard the intro in a few commercials including, ironically enough, a UPS whiteboard commercial currently running) This song has also been covered by a number of other bands:

No comments: